Sunday, July 26, 2009

TESTIMONY OF PASTORA JO PERALTA



I never dreamed before of becoming a teacher in whatever areas of studies even during my early years in my Christian life. I took up engineering course, finished B.S. Electrical engineering just to get rid of educational courses because I only had two choices that time, to take up Engineering or education. I took the risk of studying the first one and by God’s grace I was able to finish it and even passed the licensure board exam.

Years had passed, I got married and had 3 kids when one day my housemaid asked if I would permit her to study in AGSOM in Sapang Palay once a week. I answered; “It’s ok, go on”. Then I added; “what about me, can I study too in AGSOM at my age (34)?” I thought AGSOM was just a title of their seminar or just a series of their studies. But before that I was handling a Christian school in our subdivision and one time, I visited one of our teachers in their classroom. I happen to read that verse posted in her door: Philippians 1:6 “ He who began a work in you will bring it to completion until the day of the Lord Jesus Christ”. From that day on, that verse became stronger to me. Ifelt so thirsty and hunger to God’s Word. I felt no longer satisfied with just Sunday sermons and even with my personal Bible studies. I wanted more..more and more so I went to AGSOM with my neighbor who was 10 years older than me. To my surpise as Reverend Joel Sanoy, I whispered to ate Emma’; “This is a Bible school”. We were both laughing because we thought it was just a name of a seminar. We did not stop filling up those forms but we finished it rather with excitement.

I thank god that I was accepted in AGSOM, I enjoyed so much though I felt everything my teachers teachings were all designed for me, as if they knew everything in my life, my present situation and even my dreams. Unfortunately, my housemaid who enrolled first did not continue her studies because they needed to transfer to bicol. Again, I said to my self, AGSOM was made for me. My business and busyness (my husband was in Taiwan at that time) did not stop me from studying until my calling was confirmed again when I attended the foundation day @ AGSOM main school. Dr Eli Javier was the speaker that time and I heard him clearly said “ God is not calling lazy person but a busy person” . so I said “Ok, God..now I know”

One time my husband and I were with Ptr. Joel and his wife we call Mommy luth, I asked him how AGSOM started. Before he answered me, the Lord spoke in my heart and said; “ Before I gave AGSOM to Ptr, you are already part of My plans. “ I can’t forget that day and the message of God, I can’t forget that day and the message of god, I can’t believe how He arrange all this things just for me, feeling His Love to me.

In my third year, I was surprised that when Ptr Edgar Salcedo asked what are our personal vision in the next five years. I wrote my hearts desire which is to teach in a Bible School to be like them and wanted to be come a teacher my Master Jesus Christ.


Pastora Jo Peralta
Sinagaral Recipient

No comments:

Post a Comment